About Filtered Grounds
Welcome to Filtered Grounds, your ultimate guide to everything coffee! As a family of seven, we don’t often agree on much. One of the few exceptions is our passion for coffee. Whether you’re a coffee aficionado or just beginning your journey into the world of the dark elixir, our goal is to help you understand, explore, and savor the exciting world of home brewing. From comprehensive buying guides and reviews, to education on beans, brewing, and more, we provide the tips, tricks, and advice you need to brew your perfect cup of coffee.
To help one million aspiring home baristas learn how to brew the perfect cup of coffee.
We do this by providing:
- Tutorials: Our detailed tutorials are designed with both the beginner and advanced home barista in mind. From basic techniques to step-by-step instructions, our tutorials will help you elevate your brewing and roasting skills.
- Guides: Whether you’re searching for the perfect bean, the ultimate brewing method, or the best piece of equipment, our guides are here to lead the way. Easy to follow and packed with expert tips, they’re your ultimate roadmap to brewing the perfect cup.
- Reviews: Trustworthy, comprehensive, and unbiased, our reviews offer the insight you need. We test, taste, and evaluate every product to ensure it meets our high standards of quality. All of this is done to ensure you can make the most informed choice with confidence.
Quality: You’ll never have to wonder if the information presented or the products being recommended are anything less than the best.
Sustainability: Regardless of political beliefs, we can and should do better to care for our planet and the amazing resources it provides.
Fun: The process of brewing the perfect cup of coffee should be just as satisfying and enjoyable as sipping on the finished product.
When our son turned 16, he got his first job at a local coffee shop. What started with the occasional family trip to visit him at work and grab a coffee quickly turned into a family obsession. Fast forward a year, and our oldest daughter decided to follow in her brother’s footsteps, further deepening our family’s relationship with coffee. As a part of our journey, we started experimenting with different coffee beans, roast types, and brewing methods. Mistakes were definitely made, but lessons were also learned.
Although coffee has definitely become a family affair (our other three children plan to chart the same course as their two older siblings), it’s never been just about the taste. The true enjoyment has been the bonding, learning, and sharing that we’ve done together. This led to the realization that our experience could inspire others. Filtered Grounds was born out of our love for coffee and spending time together as a family. Our desire now is to share what we’ve learned and, hopefully, to make home brewing (and spending time with those you care about) more accessible and enjoyable for you as well.
Connect With Us
- Engage Through Guides and Reviews: Dive into our meticulously crafted guides and reviews. Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned coffee lover, our content is designed to enhance your brewing experience. Not sure where to begin? Click here to get started.
- Join Us on Social Media: Follow us on social media and be a part of our vibrant coffee community. Share your experiences, ask questions, and connect with fellow enthusiasts.
- We Want to Hear from You: Your feedback, questions, and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. Don’t hesitate to reach out and share your thoughts. We’re here to learn, grow, and brew better, together. Coffee isn’t just a drink; it’s a conversation. Let’s keep it brewing!
Interested in learning about our amazing team? You can meet them here.